Provides leadership and coordination for all sales and marketing functions for Long Painting Company (LPC). The overall goal of this position is to find, attract and win new clients, nurture and retain those the company already has, entice former clients back into the fold, and organize the selling process in the private, direct to owner markets. This leader builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships. Position reports directly to the President.
LPC conducts some of the most complex new construction and maintenance coating projects in the Northwest. Some projects are more industrial in nature: shipyards, bridges, tank farms, factory maintenance painting, dams, and infrastructures. Other projects are more commercial in nature: campus facilities, schools, hotels, high rises, hospitals, and office parks. New construction and repaint projects range from $5,000 to several million. LPC may employ up to 300 employees during peak months and typically conducts 25-40 projects at once.
- Identify innovative ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements. Investigate and assess target markets and customers for protective coating opportunities. Gather intelligence on customers and competitors to identify and qualify opportunities for new business.
- Generate leads and opportunities for possible sales. Arrange meetings with prospective clients. Capitalize on existing business relationships with current customers to expand market share.
- Assist and support the General Managers, Estimators and Project Managers (Sales Team) in their activities.
- Work on formal proposals and presentation management. Follow up on sales and bidding activities. Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support.
- Responsible for all sales tracking and activity reports.
- Manage customer relationship software.
- Oversee sales statistics and results for every member of the sales team. Prepare monthly activity reports on Brought-to-Bid opportunities.
- Participate in Executive Committee meetings.
- Participate in Strategic Planning Initiative development and execution. Provide monthly construction economic forecast information to the team.
- Attend, network and participate in trade shows.
- Perform any other duties necessary to the position, as assigned.
- Proven working experience in a Business Development or Sales Executive position or relevant role in the protective coatings industry.
- BS/BA in business administration, sales or relevant field.
- Proven sales track record with polished communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software (Project-Sales Achiever).
- Knowledge of the market for the protective coatings industry.
- Able to build rapport with a high degree of professionalism.
- Excellent time management and planning/organizational skills.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Driving record that is insurable.
- Show proof of citizenship or authorization to work in the U.S.
- Pass a background check (typically 10 years back) to get into facilities such as plants, military installations, prisons, etc.
Typical Work Hours and Job Setting
- Schedule is operations dependent, generally Monday – Friday from approximately 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Flexible scheduling is expected and allowed to accommodate the various need of LPC.
- Typically 50% at the corporate office with remaining time physically interacting with customers and networking new opportunities.
- Expect some travel to meet potentially high profile clients mostly in the Greater Seattle or Portland areas.
- Combination business casual attire and appropriate construction attire/personal protective equipment (PPE) from working in the office to the job site.
When applying, please attach a cover letter and resume. Salary is based on experience; includes a full benefits package. Contact the Workforce Development Manager for more information at (253) 234-8095.